Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Last Furniture Delivered

The last 3 homes we have lived in had formal dining areas and of course, we had a huge dining table to fit in them.  Since our current house is about 1/2 the size, we decided we would rather sit on a couch than at a table to watch TV - we couldn't bring both...

We do have a counter but our bar stools are just a tad too tall to effectively sit and there for any other meal except breakfast. 

What is this leading to?  We bought a new dining table specifically for this house.  It is actually patio furniture and I really like it. (Once we get the other crap moved out of the way, I'll post a picture.)

The delivery men (that arrived at 7:15 A. M. this morning - thank goodness they called at 6:50 A. M. (note the emphasis placed on A.M.)) showed up and looked over to the pool wanting to know where to place the new patio furniture.

I told them inside as it was my new dining table. 

He wanted to know when the rest of the furniture was going to arrive.

I said this set was the last furniture coming. 

He thought I was crazy.

However, once it was placed and the chairs were set where I wanted them, he looked around and said...

"This actually works well in here."

Whew!

:)

No comments: