Thursday, August 30, 2012

Yoga - some days are better than others

I started yoga again over the last month.  Two to three times a week I fire up the DVD and work out for 45 minutes.  I am substituting it for weight lifting since we didn't bring the weights with us.  I know - not a good substitute but at least it does do strength work.

Regardless...some days...I (in my own mind) am a graceful yoga practitioner.  (stop laughing) I am flexible enough I can do most of the full positions and don't struggle with them.  I breathe correctly with no stress and the poses are easy and the work out relaxing and my flexibility improves.  I am ready to actually go to the park and work with a group.

Then there was today - another reality check.  Flailing left and right, no concentration and completely unable to stay in some of the positions without losing balance and stumbling across the room.  At least I haven't gone through the mirrored closet doors.  Very similar to a small child on a baseball field...there goes a butterfly...oh here's a dandelion...what baseball?

These kinds of days reinforce my decision to stay inside and practice a few more months before going to any public location to do yoga. 



 

No comments: