Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rugby

I LOVE watching rugby.  My entire reference point for watching the game is American football - the NFL.

Right now, my commentary includes things like, touch back, interception, backwards pitch and scrum. I am sure "scrum" is the only thing that applies to rugby (as Robert constantly reminds me).  I am also sure that at the end of the games, the players are really tired, checking for broken bones and very sore from the hits, dives, piles, etc.

I need someone to sit down with me and explain the rules and penalties while a game is going in play. The problem with that is the fans I know would rather watch the game (or play in a scrimmage) than miss it in order to explain it to me.

Oh well...I still love to watch it and with enough of it, I will learn the rules!

No comments: