Thursday, August 09, 2012

Soon the real test will begin...

Very soon, the house will finally be in order.  I will have no more "putting away", filing or purchasing to do.  The big question is...

Will I get bored?

Robert is really worried about this and that will be the "retirement test".  Can I keep myself occupied and not bother him when he retires.  (That is his true concern!) :)  OR will I always need to work.  (So far, retirement is winning.)

I have taken my time getting things in order but that would have interfered with things like walking, reading, shopping, yoga and cooking new recipes.  Something had to give.

The final deadline to have everything spic and span is when our first guests arrive in late October.  I have already been doing research, trying to find things they would like to do without putting too much "this is what I want to do" in it.

I have to admit - I am excited about having visitors.  It is fun to get their perspectives on where you live.  What do they see different that is every day for me?  Plus it is just good to have friends and family around!

No comments: