Sunday, July 29, 2012

Black Carpet - Never Again

Some of you know me personally and know that housekeeping isn't on my list of top ten favorite things to do.  Honestly, I don't think it is in the top 20,000 favorite things to do.  However, so far in Brisbane, I have been responsible for keeping the house clean and tidy and have not hired anyone to help. 

Every time I get the vacuum cleaner our dust rag out, I think twice about that decision.

And now we have a Black Carpet.

I remember in Houston I said I would never again have a black stove top.  That was a nightmare to keep clean. 

Why on earth did that lesson not project to a Black Carpet? 

It looked so elegant in the store. 

And when we unrolled it (an area rug with a cream border) it looked so right in this house.

Now it needs vacuumed every 3 hours.

What's up with that?

Somehow, little tiny white particles magically appear out of nowhere and park between the furniture and the coffee table.

Sadly, a housekeeper wouldn't even solve this problem. 

On the outside chance they are all bread crumbs, I need a dog.

1 comment:

RKM said...

LOL - then you would just have dog hair on the black rug! Get a black dog!!