Monday, August 20, 2012

Scenes from the dog park...

I walk by the dog park at least once a day and always have to stop and watch the pups for a minute.  I have been watching a (bull?) terrier recently who has to be a youngster but is pretty good sized.  He obviously hasn't reached his "nap" years yet.  :)

Anyway, the first time I watched him, he was the only dog in the park and he was trying so hard to get his master to throw a stick for him to chase.  Granted, the stick was as long as the dog was but still, he was trying to get his master interested in a game of tug-of-war or chase or something. 

I have seen him do this a couple of times but this weekend, there was a slightly different twist.

There is a new dog toy available called a Chuckit Ball Launcher where the human doesn't have to reach over and pick up the ball to throw.  You use a long plastic "wand" to grasp the ball and heave it.  This is a VERY popular item at the dog park. (Which I don't understand since part of the fun is handling the slimy tennis ball repeatedly.)

This lively terrier had somehow managed to get the plastic wand and was having a a rousing game of "chase me" with his master.  It was GREAT.  His master couldn't catch up with him.  I'm not sure that was what the owner had planned but the terrier was definitely having fun.  An all around good day at the park!




No comments: