Thursday, May 10, 2012

Steer Left

I am amazed and appreciative of the fact that we, as temporary residents with a valid US driver's license, can use our US driver's license and not get a Queensland license.  I believe the US reciprocates but I am not sure.

Regardless....

We drive on different sides of the road. How trusting is that?

We attended Driver's Orientation class today.  We drove on a closed course and I zippity doo dah'd right through (and maybe over some of) the cones in the slalom course but that only happened when backing up.  :)

We discussed and reviewed road signs, driving etiquette in Queensland, general "rules of the road" and were promptly cut off by someone who had to be an aggressive foreign driver.  (I would take a guess regarding from which foreign city but would hate to offend someone.)

You should be proud - I only used the wipers for my turn signal one time.  Thank goodness we purchased a car that has the turn signal where I'm used to. 

For teenagers just getting their driver's license, there is a graduated system with letters ("L" for Learner) and colors (Green "P" or Red "P" for level of Permit) letting other drivers know they are still learning.

I'm tempted to request one of those for my car.  That way others would give me more room on the road.  But then I am sure we would have an increase in insurance cost.  It's costly enough as it is.

We did go for a nice drive through the country.  Of course the worst part of the day was when Robert told me he saw a Koala in the wild and I missed it.  


No comments: