Monday, May 14, 2012

Ants Ants Ants

Right up there with driving on the left side of the road, I have probably most noticed the ants. They are everywhere.  I don't believe they bite like fire ants but they are just as busy.  I was amazed at the number of houses we looked at on our house hunting trip where we saw ants running around in the house.  The agent we worked wasn't surprised.  Apparently ants are standard here.

I'm not used to this. 

And as a bonus, we have giant flies that like to live in our house. (Maybe they eat the ants?) 

I have got to figure out where they are getting in at and put a stop to it.

I have to admit, I thought twice the other day before taking the little lizard back outside.  I think I would rather have him living in here eating the spiders and ants than outside.  But I let him go...

This also reaffirms our decision to rent a house that does have windows and not just shutters.  I expect the houses with shutters have even MORE visitors than we do.

No comments: