Sunday, April 08, 2012

Who would have thought...

As I go through papers and drawers, inventorying items, getting ready for the packers, who would have thought it would be so hard to decide what you can live without for 2-4 years.  Granted, some of it is easy,  For instance, I know I don't need ANY of the books in the library.  I have plenty of electronic books to read but will I need that coat?  Do I need my heavy hiking boots?  How many wine glasses should we take?  Do I really need 3 same sized casserole dishes?  I haven't used more than 1 at a time since I got married.  Do I really need every financial paper I've collected for the past 25 years? 

We did buy new (smaller) computer desks and an area rug this weekend.  Also made the call to put the monster 5 burner gas grill into storage and buy a small 2 burner grill to take with us. 
 
I am just about out of decisions for the day... Luckily, there are only so may days left before we have to turn the inventory in and then it will be a done deal...

1 comment:

RKM said...

I would have! Remember we HAD this conversation! Heck, I'm the one who can't even figure out what to pack for a weekend, let alone 2-4 years! LOL!