Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It takes 5 nights

Traveling West to East apparently takes 5 nights to get back into a "normal" sleep pattern for people my age.  Last night was the first decent sleep since we returned.  I'm good to go and ready to work on the house.

Speaking of houses, once again, we bought high and looks like we will be selling low.  Oh well...can't do anything about that.  I am tired to using our stock management rules for houses.  We need to get one of these things right.  :P

I sure many of you have been waiting for a baby ducky update...We have 2 broods right now.  One mama w/ 9 babies and I saw a new brood this morning freshly hatched and scurrying around.  I am pretty sure the new mama is one that came to eat in our drive last year as a chick.  She has 15 lovely little chicks.  They are SO cute. Of course, I didn't have the camera.  Will see if I can get a snap tomorrow.

BTW - our visa has been approved.  We are good to live in Australia for the next 4 years.  We passed the Cultural Assessment yesterday (I call it the mental exam).  The only paperwork left is for our company to approve our medical tests.  I had to have a chest x-ray yesterday for TB.  The tech asked me how long had it been since I had a chest x-ray.  I went with "never".  Should have clearance by the end of the week.

No comments: