Wednesday, December 05, 2012

We're Back!

We have been on holiday for the last 11 days.  We went to Uluru (Ayer's Rock) and also Cairns to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.  It was a fantastic holiday and once I finish getting things somewhat back in order here at the house, I will post pictures and let you know more specifics!

However, today I had an interesting encounter.  I was walking with a friend and we had a Staffordshire terrier with us.  Of course, nature called (to the the Staffy) and while in the process of scooping, I kind of (OK - I did) block the sidewalk.  A gentleman walked by and he was apparently very annoyed at me.  I pulled the pup back, made room and sincerely apologized as I honestly didn't realize he was there.  He, in turn popped something off indicating I was an idiot. 

Now, over the course of my 40-odd years, this wouldn't be the first stranger I have annoyed (stop laughing) but this is the first time in Australia anyone has been so pointed.  One of the BEST things about Australia is the people that live here.  All I have met are patient, friendly, helpful and willing to strike up a conversation. They have no trouble pointing out their annoyance but normally it isn't in a confrontational manner. This reaction caught me so totally off guard, I have about decided he wasn't born / raised in this lovely country.  Maybe he doesn't like or has a fear of dogs / animals or or maybe he just got up on the wrong side of the bed.

Or maybe Fate is serving me some of my own for something I did...Just wonder what it was and if Fate is now justified???

On the upside, I didn't pop off with a blue streak that might have embarrassed my walking buddy!  And I hope the gentleman has a better, uninterrupted walk tomorrow!

No comments: