Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Miss Zin...

No, not Zen, Zinfandel.

Those of you that know us know we tend to drink red wine with dinner.  In the US, while we tried to cover all continents from Australia to Europe, South America to South Africa with our selections, we did drink a lot of Napa Valley wines. - especially Zinfandels and Old Vine Zins.

Australia has some beautiful wines and we do our best to try lots of them, have enjoyed most and still try to keep a varied selection to choose from.  However, California Zinfandels are very hard to find here - almost non-existent -  but we came across one one recently. 

Of course, it was stored in the cooler and Robert pulled it out the other day to serve. After tasting, I was actually surprised when I realized how much I enjoyed Zinfandel. It was a nice break from the yummy Shiraz and Merlots we have been drinking. 

Just one more thing to add to the list to eat/drink when I go back and visit in the States.  :)

No comments: