Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Train Ride Home

We decided to do something different to get back to Brisbane this trip.  We took the Sunlander Train from Cairns.  It was a 31 hour train ride I don't ever have to take again.

Please don't misunderstand...the train was nice, food was good, there was a bar. I didn't have to drive.

But long train rides are not for me.  There is not enough room to walk around much and the stops aren't really long enough to go outside and get a lot of exercise.

Then there are the bunk beds.   I have passed the stage in my life where bunk beds are cool.  Bunk beds are for kids. 

The only picture I took was of the banana plantations and the trees that had the bananas wrapped.  Being from the mid-west, we assumed it was to keep the bugs off of the bananas.

Nope - it's to keep the fruit bats from eating them.  :)
I did see some kangaroos on the trip back...then Robert let me know they weren't kangaroos. 

Now - kangaroos are hard to mistake in bright daylight.

He informed me they were Wallabies.

Next adventure...New Zealand!

No comments: