Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Bats in the Belfry...

Well - not quite.

Robert and I left for a walk the other night at 6:00 pm and about 1/2 way through our journey, we saw bats coming out for their evening forays.

Lots of bats. 

I would say 50-60 of them over the river walk alone. (I know - can't hold a candle to the nightly exodus in Austin.)

They came swooping down to see what was going on and were chattering non stop. 

I think they are fascinating to watch and listen to.  I could get a picture of one that indicated the size of them.  I would hate to use a flash though, blinding one even more and having it crash into me.

I am tempted to set some fruit out on our roof to see if they will stop by for a nibble.  The problem with that is I would have to be sitting on the roof with the fruit to see them.  Still working on that plan...

No comments: