Monday, March 26, 2012

House Learings...

Houses in Brisbane are smaller and more expensive than Houston. I'm not that surprised about either item, except they are expensive enough they rent by the week.  For example, one of the houses was fairly new construction, 3 bedroom, 3 bath and 2 car garage.  They are asking 1300 AUD / per week.  That will be close to $70,000 US for 1 year.  Amazing!

We also discoverred there is no need to bring the oven roaster or the cookie sheets.  They won't fit in the ovens.  It is also good we came prior to packing to at least view the houses.  Even if we don't find a place this trip, I now know better what to pack and what to leave home.  Basic rule - leave most in storage.

I have been saying, we have too much stuff.  I have now confirmed it!!!

There is great public transportation here.  Busses, ferries, water taxis, trains, etc.   I hope to become a master at using the system so I don't have to drive much.

Still trying to find that perfect location where the commute will be short and groceries close (see driving comment from earlier :P).

No comments: