Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It Fit!

Back in April, I commented on the size of appliances, especially the washer and dryer and how small they are in comparison to the beasts I had in the US.  (Along with the fact I needed to purchase based on kilogram size.)  We picked an 8.5 kg machine with the assurance our king size sheets would fit in the washer.  So far...so good.

I never thought about the king sized mattress pad/protector and of course, it is time to wash it.

I thought about taking it to the dry cleaners to see if they would launder it.  And as long as it would fit in their machine, the answer was yes.

Then I asked the price. 

$30.

OK - I bought the mattress pad in 2004 (when we moved to Houston the first time) and paid $69 for it.  (Yes - I still have the receipt.) 

With this in mind, I decided to stuff it in the washer and see what happened.  Worse case would be I would get to buy a new one.  Probably time anyway after 8 years.

Good news - it worked just fine!  I was able to stuff it in and get it washed and dried without paying for either someone else to do it or buying a new one.

The washer and dryer have passed their final test with flying colors!

No comments: