Wednesday, June 06, 2012

In Search Of Ingredients

We are still in pantry stocking mode at our house.  Every time we go to the grocery store, we buy a few items which are good to have on the shelf.  Things like chicken stock, cream of mushroom soup, various spices, etc.  When I stopped by yesterday to pick up some aluminum foil, for some reason I thought of green bean casserole.  You know the one...everyone serves it at Thanksgiving and it's got french fried onions in it. A true comfort food classic!

And thus started my quest.  I checked the vegetables aisle, the soup aisle, the baking aisle - all to no avail.  No french fried onions anywhere.  Is it due the smaller store or has that product not made it to Brisbane yet?

I also haven't found anything comparable to Bisquick - guess I finally get to learn how to make biscuits from scratch as scones just aren't the same.

And where is the bleu cheese dressing kept??? 

On a brighter note, I did find a pizza dough kit, plain bread crumbs and stuffing mix.  Reading the directions I don't think it is the same as stuffing mix from home but what the heck - we have to try it!!!



No comments: