Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Chips - the standard side dish

Having mostly removed french fries from my diet, they are now slowly (OK - maybe not so slowly) creeping back in.  Chips (ie french fries) are the default side dish for a lot of meals. Don't get me wrong, some of the seasoned chips are pretty darn tasty and I dig in like everyone else but now I have to once again find my will power to move away from the chips. 

Chips are usually served with aioli which is a garlic mayo. Sometimes the mayo is flavored differently but if you want ketchup, you must request red sauce.  Trying to fit in, I haven't had ketchup since we got here. 

Along with chips, bread is returning to my life and not at restaurants.  There are so many little bakeries around our neighborhood, it is hard to walk by and NOT buy a little something tasty for dinner.

Interestingly enough, the restaurants I have eaten at so far generally do not server an appetizer item such as bread or chips and salsa.  They are available but at additional cost. Since I am tight with money, and restaurants are already very expensive, that does help the diet.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mayo on fries??? That's just wrong. CT