Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rude Awakening!

Yes - at approx. 5:45 am, the door to the bedroom started rattling and the bed was shaking. Of course by the time I was really awake and coherent (OK - awake - coherent happened about an hour later after coffee), I realized we were having an earthquake. (Either that or the house was seriously haunted all of a sudden.) I immediately checked on Squirt. He was asleep. And then it was over.

What a good guard dog! He knows the difference between the door rattling from an earthquake vs the wind blowing. Wind blowing door rattling generally causes guard duty barks. (I guess he isn't one of those animals that warns of potential natural disasters.)

Anyway, I had all the chores done, grocery shopping and breakfast over by about 8:30 this morning. BTW the quake was centered 19 miles ESE of Anchorage and was a 4.0.

Luckily it wasn't the volcano as ash would come our way today. Here are a couple of pictures of it from my office last week. Too bad it is so far away for the camera. The view was pretty impressive. There is a steam / ash cloud coming out of it in these.




No comments: