Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Squirt does cartwheels!

Yes - little circus performer that he is...

We went for a walk last night and upon reaching our driveway I took him off leash to run from the sidewalk to the door. Well he missed the door and zoomed straight up the cement stairs into the raspberry patch. He was looking for Buck, Owen and Ford, his under the fence, nose to nose buddies.

I told him to come back down to the door...twice...and the second time, he realized I was serious and came running back toward me full bore - forgetting about the steps.

I am not exactly sure what happened...did he slip...get a paw caught...is just a natural acrobat, but he actually did a fully extended, back legs over his head flip over 4-5 stairs and landed in the driveway.

I started toward him, calling his name and he kind of looked up...looked around...almost like he wondered if anyone saw him, jumped up and ran straight toward me.

I told him he was too old (12 years) to be doing those things and he was lucky he didn't break his neck! Thank goodness.

Tonight up on returning to the driveway, he went directly to the door - no raspberry patch shenanigans!

No comments: