Saturday, May 03, 2008

Shhhhhhh! Be verrrrry quiet!

Robert's hunting .....Black Bear

Yes, I got up bright and early for a Saturday morning (although the sun was up), made a very spicy breakfast of hearty biscuits and gravy and waved goodbye to our hunter. Maybe we will have a black bear blanket by the end of the day.

Squirt and I will also be hunting today. We will be hunting for shoes. Apparently, the dry Alaska climate is hard on soles of shoes formerly used to a humid existence. I have had two different pair in the last month lose chunks of soles the size of gravel. Btw - this is very uncomfortable to walk on. Regardless, I had to put back change outfits twice this week because I didn't have matching shoes. Then I learned about the male bonding bear hunt....perfect timing for a shopping trip. Lookout mall, here I come...after my next cup of coffee.

Breaking News....

One of our friends still living in Houston is now a published author. He contributed to a book by Heather B. Armstrong a.k.a Dooce (of blog infamy). Congrats to Bill and the new book Things I Learned About My Dad

No comments: