Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fish, Fish and more Fish!

Robert informed me yesteray I have been a little slow blogging lately. Guess what they say is true! In the summer here you go and go and go! Inside work is best left for Winter (which is coming).

Regardless, I think we are now to about 90 lbs of fish in the freezer. That should be just about enough for the next few months (considering before moving here I normally had NO fish in the freezer). The big influx of 50 lbs over the last week is from two fishing trips.

Tuesday, Robert was lucky enough to go on a combo fishing trip (we are making plans for next year) and caught halibut, silver salmon, lingcod and rockfish. That was the 30 lb trip.

The Friday, Robert and I went to Deshka Landing and the the Little Willow Creek and brought back 20 lbs of mostly silver salmon. We did bring back one of the chum salmon (what goes to the lower 48) just to try it.

I also caught a 22 inch wild Rainbow Trout which impressed everyone that had seen a Rainbow in the wild before. We let it go though as you can't keep Rainbow's off the Deshka right now - but we have a picture!

We also saw fresh grizzly bear tracks. Some of them were fresh enough the guide figured we scared them off... They had been eating salmon by the river as they left evidence!

I will post pictures later once Robert reduces their size!

Now all we need is 300lbs of moose meat - and another freezer!

My brother is coming in for dinner tonight. He will be arriving early enough we can go to dinner and celebrate my 20 years with the company and his birthday next week. Tomorrow we are going to do the tourist circuit and go look for moose and maybe some blueberries!

No comments: