Wednesday, March 11, 2015

And the Ice Won

As I have mentioned, we have a very steep drive but with the warm weather the last couple of weeks, it is possible to drive down to the street with at least 2 tires on dry pavement the entire way.

Well...except for that last 8 or 10 feet.

That's where we slide right into oncoming traffic no matter how slow we are going.

Monday, as Robo (Aussie for Robert) was heading down on the tractor to pick up the trash can, I decided to ride along and toss out some gravel on the aforementioned area. 

I hopped off with the intention of throwing gravel and letting it slide downhill then catching a ride back up on the return trip.

The plan was working great until I fell.

Now, because it is so steep, I couldn't get solid enough footing to stand up regardless of how much gravel I had under me or how hard Robo pulled on my arm.  I ended up sliding the rest of the way down the drive and had to use the tractor as a brace to get back up.

Of course it didn't help that I was laughing so hard I was crying. 

Luckily, no broken bones.  Only an ouchie on my elbow!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm glad you're okay and I wish I would have seen this!