Tuesday, September 18, 2012

King's Park Perth

I spent the majority of today in King's Park which is approximately 3.5 miles from our hotel.  The park contains monuments, fountains, an art gallery, cafe, kids chasing ducks, and a botanical garden. 

I took some really good (?) pictures...too bad the cable I need to download the pictures is with my spouse.

Regardless, there was a big boab tree, kangaroo foot plants, lots of color, tons of parrots and the art gallery was interesting to look through.  I love the native art of Australia.  Can't wait to go to Freemantle on Saturday to see what is available there.  I could spend a lot of money on it.

And, of course, I had to buy a touristy koala Christmas decoration I couldn't live without in the mall I detoured to on the way home.  The shopkeeper wanted to know if I was on holiday. 

Of course I said: "Yes". 

Shopkeeper: "From where?"

I said: "Queensland". 

He didn't expect that answer.  :)

Regardless - I will probably hit the mall again before I leave.  It is an outdoor mall with lots of interesting shops!

No comments: