Monday, August 31, 2009

Where else but here...

I was out with Squirt tonight for our evening walk when my cell phone rang. A friend of mine had free tickets to a concert at a grand re-opening of a local bowling alley. Her husband got sick and she invited me to go. I said - Sure!

After all - how many times to you get to go listen to the Beach Boys on the spur of the moment!

It was to start at 8 and we got there about 7:30 or so, grabbed our lawn chairs and headed into the bowling alley parking lot where the tents were set up. I think there were approximately 600 people. The weather was perfect - probably about 55 degrees with a strong southwesterly wind. A light jacket was the only thing needed.

Of course...I didn't take the camera...who would have thought they would let those in. Oh Well...next time...

I did notice as we were leaving all of the patrol cars ready to corral the rowdy fans. (I don't think there was much "rowdy" going on - but then, I wasn't over by the beer tent.) At one point, my friend said something like this being an older crowd...since many of their songs were written before I was born...I had to agree.. :)

I still enjoyed it, sang along to some great music and say thanks for the opportunity!

No comments: