Saturday, October 25, 2008

What a Beautiful Morning

It's about 7:30 and pitch black outside. So dark you can see lots and lots of stars. (I noticed this when waiting for Squirt outside.) I checked the thermometer on the way out - 22 - plenty warm. I was expecting 8 degrees and with the 14 degree difference, I didn't need to put on my gloves or zip my coat!

I just wish the northern lights would show up around this time instead of 2-4 am. I'll never see them!

We went to a Seawolves hockey game last night. The Seawolves are the University of Alaska - Anchorage team. It was a good game and they won! I have been to one semi-pro Aces game before and didn't really care for it. Every time you turned around, fights were breaking out on the ice - sticks thrown down, gloves flying, fists connecting (as well as they can when someone is padded up). As I see it, I wouldn't go to a boxing match expecting to see a hockey game break out...why should a boxing match break out at a hockey game.

(OK - I'm sure there's some snappy pit bull comment here - I just haven't had any coffee and nothing is coming to mind!)

We got the Christmas lights up yessterday. It was sunny and 19 and we wanted to get it done before it snowed lots. Today will be Christmas present wrapping and shipping day. (We like to avoid the rush!)

No comments: