Thursday, April 03, 2008

Summer's Comin'!

How do I know???

Because the Mat-Su Outdoors Show was last weekend which we attended to tune up for the THE GREAT ALASKAN SPORTSMAN SHOW this weekend.

I actually enjoy walking around the shows and looking at all of the toys. There's usually some really fun vendors such as the Garlic Gourmet or the Pampered Chef that I occasionally buy things at (which reminds me - I need to go to the ATM :) ).

Robert missed last year due to a business trip so he was ready. He stopped at every other booth looking at guns, rafts, clothes, waders, etc. He now has new cammo for the moose hunt. (BTW - the hunt has now extended to caribou and black bear. Still waffling on the brown bear.) I am excited to introduce him to the show this weekend. He will be amazed at the parking problems alone.

The coolest thing about last week's show is they had a Great Horned Owl there who was in rehab after being hit by a car. He was so pretty and his eyes so intense. Talking to the handler, I'll bet that is the same type of owl that is living in our neighborhood. I hope he visits the show this weekend and I have the opportunity to watch him again.

No comments: