Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a difference a year makes...

Last year as we were rolling rapidly into colder temperatures, ice and snow, I remember how cold I was and how I always bundled and wore my heavy winter wear for anything below 40. The last two days, we have been working outside in 34 degree weather and I was in a sweat shirt and jeans. I haven't dug out my winter boots yet and don't know where my heavy gloves are. We have gone to work a couple of days in 17 degree weather. OK - I did wear my light gloves those mornings.

It is still amazing how much the sun moves in the sky over the course of a year. Once again, it rises and sets in our southeast and southwest windows at about 8:45 am and 6:30pm. Only 67 days until the shortest day of the year - then the sun comes back. Robert is not looking forward to all of the darkness this year. I am not too worried about it. We have scheduled vacations in lighter locations! :)

I am looking forward to daylight today. It has rained steadily at our house for 12 hours now. That means higher up the mountain, they had snow. I can't wait to see how much!

No comments: