Saturday, May 27, 2017

Family soon to be here!

 I love it when family / friends come to visit.  We have one more excuse to spend time out and about in paradise (even if it may be cool and/or rainy) doing things we may have done once or twice before!  If all goes well, I see a trip to the reindeer farm, Alaska wildlife conservation center, Resurrection bay cruise, hiking, Girdwood and sleeping in when everyone else goes king salmon fishing!  :D

And as a bonus, I cook things we may or may not have on a regular basis.  I love to cook and when it is just the two of us, we tend to get in a rut.  This way, I may still cook comfort food BUT it tends to be things we don't normally eat such as kolaches, cookies, homemade pasta, breakfast casseroles, salmon dip, Kenai cheese dip...We run the gamut around here from seafood at least one night..salmon, halibut and king crab to burgers.    The down side of not cooking these things very often is sometimes it is a relearning curve and things don't come out very pretty.  That's why I don't have a restaurant.  (Well - along with the whole interfacing a LOT with the public.)

Yeti, my sous chef, has been a big help stocking the freezer so far.  For example, he sat at my feet for hours yesterday as I made cookies.  I had no idea I spilled a bit of cocoa on the floor until I was finished and noticed he had a brown spot on his back.  At least he didn't find it and lick it up...

Hopefully we will get out of this chilly weather and have some sunny, 60+ degree evenings to sit on the deck and discuss world problems.  But even if it doesn't hit 60, we still have blankets and a deck heater.  :)

No comments: