Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Visit Home...

We just spent two weeks in the States.  Robert had to work and I was on holiday. 

I know...how could those two weeks be any different than any two weeks here?  I didn't have to cook and clean.  :)

Anyway, this was the first time back "home" on U.S. soil in a year.  I couldn't wait to see family and friends and have some of the foods we can't find here.  Once again, first restaurant we hit after getting off the plane was a Mexican restaurant. YUM!

The best part of the trip though was seeing family. We were lucky and were able to squeeze in a lovely dinner with my brother and sister-in-law.  I also spent two days with my sister, brother-in-law, niece and great nephew.  They dropped everything, took vacation, worked overtime, worked weekends, etc. in order to be able to spend time with me.  I can not thank my family enough nor explain in words how much it meant to me or how much I enjoyed spending time with them.

As for "home", home is where my bed is.  While we saw lots of friends and had a good time, this was like every other holiday I have ever taken and I was glad to come back to my house when the time was up. 

As for the food...it was OK.  I guess I have gotten used to our diet in Australia. And apparently the excitement of traveling internationally has now worn off...about 4 hours into the flight, I was ready to get off of the plane.  :P

Finally...the Houston humidity and heat...Y'all can keep it!

No comments: