Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's 29 and sunny - what should we do???

Open the house up of course! Get some fresh air in here!

It has been an absolutely beautiful weekend. Two sunny days creating a lot of melt. Today we went skiing at Alyeska - WOW - it doesn't get any better!

(OK, OK..it was a little icy and I fell...no I crashed mid green slope...I am going to have a very colorful bruise just to the side of my kneecap tomorrow. It is already forming. I think I will have a ski shaped (long/thin) one on the opposite shin to match it.)

Back to the sun! Either today or tomorrow, we will hit 12 hours of sunlight. In 3 short months we will have 20 hours of sunlight and the rest dusk. We are gaining light at the rate of 5 minutes
and 45 seconds a day.

Glad we got our fishing licenses Friday!

2 comments:

Bill said...

It starts with a fishing license.

Then you go to fish camp.

Then you buy a cabin in the woods. Just a weekend home.

Then you begin to spend more and more time at your "weekend" home.

Then you quit your day job, sell your house and move into your cabin.

Then the only way to contact you is moose mail.

Again, I fail to see the down side of this.

Former Novice Alaskan said...

Exactly!

I've already started watching for cabins in the woods... :)