Friday, April 20, 2007

Another Day in Paradise!

There I was, on Friday afternoon, busily working away the hours to the weekend. I had been working on one of those problems that should be ever so simple but was giving me a devil of a time and I needed a break. I got up, stretched, paced, looked out my window and saw a couple walking a really big dog in the park strip. My internal conversation with myself went something like this…

“Wow – what odd coloring for a dog – looks like a caribou.”

“…kind of a collie marking but the colors aren’t right … I don’t think it is a collie…”

“..no long tail – hardly any tail at all – I’ve never seen that big of a dog with a docked tail”

“…no long snout.”

“Hum…the dog sure walks with his nose to the ground a lot, look at those long skinny legs and what a wide stubby nose for a dog…”

“Wait a minute – it is a reindeer!!!”

Of course at that point I had to get confirmation from fellow office mates I wasn’t seeing things and luckily one of them had a pair of binoculars available for verification.

Sure enough – it was a reindeer on a leash. Not a dog leash mind you but a good solid thick piece of rope and he(?) was enjoying his walk through the park, nibbling some grass and getting frisky now and then.

And where was my camera – in the car of course…Time to leave work to see if I can catch them!

I LOVE living here!

No comments: